I have been dying to make cookies with my granola, and today is my dad's birthday so I thought it was the perfect opportunity. And they were delicious! I tried it with both the Chocolate and Vanilla Berry Flavor. But any flavor would be great...The Gingerbread would make a delicious holiday cookie.
I also put some of them in a mini-muffin tray for something a little different. This would make a great little item for a brunch...I'll be making them for my friend's baby shower. :)
Here's the recipe for the One and Only Whirlybird Granola Cookies:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cinnamon1/4 teaspoon baking soda1 cup butter, softened2 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla3 1/2 cups Whirlybird Granola
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- In large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the granola; mix until smooth. Stir in 3 cups Whirlybird Granola.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, roll in remaining 1/2 cup granola.
- Place two inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.